Composition Mercaptopurine (50mg)
Primary Use Ovarian cancer, Head and neck cancer, Cervical cancer
Medicine Overview of 6-MP Tablet
Uses of 6-MP Tablet
6-MP 50mg Tablet is used in the treatment of ovarian cancer, head and neck cancer, cervical cancer, Testicular cancer., breast cancer, non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL), blood cancer, lung cancer, bone cancer and urinary bladder cancer.
6-MP Tablet side effects
Nausea, Vomiting, Rash, Decreased white blood cell count (neutrophils), Intestinal ulcer, Anemia (low number of red blood cells), Increased bilirubin in the blood, Low blood platelets, Increased transaminase level in blood, Diarrhoea, Loss of appetite.
How to use 6-MP Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. 6-MP 50mg Tablet is to be taken empty stomach.
How 6-MP Tablet works
6-MP 50mg Tablet interferes with the growth of DNA and RNA of the cancer cells by substituting their building blocks. It prevents the cancer cells from growing and multiplying.
In Depth Information on 6-MP Tablet
Expert advice for 6-MP Tablet
- Do not drink milk or consume milk product while taking mercaptopurine.
- Do not consume alcohol or alcoholic beverages while undergoing treatment with mercaptopurine as it may worsen the side effects.
- Inform your doctor if you are suffering conditions like chickenpox, infections, and kidney or liver diseases.
- Inform doctors that you are taking mercaptopurine if you are planning to undergo surgery, including dental surgery.
- Stop taking mercaptopurine and inform your doctor if you see signs of infection, bleeding issues like blood spots in stools and skin.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Do not take if allergic to mercaptopurine or any of its ingredients.
- Do not take if patient Breastfeeding women.
6-MP Tablet related warnings
Special precautions for 6-MP Tablet
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
6-MP 50mg Tablet is unsafe to use during pregnancy. There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
6-MP 50mg Tablet is probably unsafe to use during lactation. Limited human data suggest that the drug could represent a significant risk to the baby.
6-MP 50mg Tablet does not usually affect your ability to drive.
6-MP 50mg Tablet should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of 6-MP 50mg Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor.?
6-MP 50mg Tablet should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of 6-MP 50mg Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor. Inform your doctor if you develop any signs and symptoms of jaundice while taking this medicine.