Composition Abiraterone Acetate (250mg)
Primary Use Prostate cancer
cautionPotentially unsafe with Pregnancy Lactation
Medicine Overview of Abitate Powder for Injection
Uses of Abitate Powder for Injection
Abitate 250mg Powder for Injection is used in the treatment of prostate cancer.
Abitate Powder for Injection side effects
Decreased potassium level in blood, Edema (swelling), Increased blood pressure, Urinary tract infection, Diarrhoea.
How to use Abitate Powder for Injection
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
How Abitate Powder for Injection works
Abiraterone acetate belongs to a class drugs known as antiandrogens. It stops the body from making testosterone which can slow the growth of prostate cancer.
In Depth Information on Abitate Powder for Injection
Expert advice for Abitate Powder for Injection
- Abiraterone acetate must be taken at least one hour before or two hours after eating and never with food.
- Do not break, crush, or chew before swallowing abiraterone acetate tablets.
- Men who take abiraterone acetate should always use effective birth control measure when having physical relationship with a woman who is or may become pregnant.
- Contact your doctor if you experience any bone pain. An increased occurrence of bone fractures has been reported in patients using abiraterone acetate.
- Before you take abiraterone acetate tell your doctor if you have high blood sugar, swelling in the feet, ankles, or legs or any effects on your bones or have taken a medicine known as ketoconazole in the past for prostate cancer.
- You must inform your doctor or dentist that you take abiraterone acetate before receiving any medical or dental care, emergency care, or surgery.
Abitate Powder for Injection related warnings
Special precautions for Abitate Powder for Injection
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
Abitate 250mg Powder for Injection is highly unsafe to use during pregnancy. Human and animal studies have shown significant adverse effects on the foetus. Please consult your doctor.
Abitate 250mg Powder for Injection is unsafe to use during lactation. Data suggests that the drug may cause toxicity to the baby, or the mother is suffering from a condition in which breastfeeding is not advisable.
Abitate 250mg Powder for Injection does not usually affect your ability to drive.
Abitate 250mg Powder for Injection is safe to use in patients with kidney disease. No dose adjustment of Abitate 250mg Powder for Injection is recommended. Because of the limited information, cautious use of Abitate 250mg Powder for Injection is recommended in patients with severe kidney disease.
Abitate 250mg Powder for Injection should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Abitate 250mg Powder for Injection may be needed. Please consult your doctor.