Composition Capecitabine (500mg)
Primary Use Ovarian cancer, Head and neck cancer, Cervical cancer
cautionPotentially unsafe with Lactation
Medicine Overview of Caxeta Tablet
Uses of Caxeta Tablet
Caxeta 500mg Tablet is used in the treatment of ovarian cancer, head and neck cancer, cervical cancer, Testicular cancer., breast cancer, non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL), blood cancer, lung cancer, bone cancer and urinary bladder cancer.
Caxeta Tablet side effects
Nausea, Vomiting, Weakness, Abdominal pain, Loss of appetite, Fatigue, Diarrhoea, Painful blisters on hands and feet.
How to use Caxeta Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Caxeta 500mg Tablet is to be taken with food.
How Caxeta Tablet works
Caxeta 500mg Tablet interferes with the growth of DNA and RNA of the cancer cells by substituting their building blocks. It prevents the cancer cells from growing and multiplying.
In Depth Information on Caxeta Tablet
Expert advice for Caxeta Tablet
- Capecitabine should be taken with water within half an hour of taking a meal.
- Inform your doctor if you are suffering from high or low levels of calcium, cardiac toxicity problems or hand and foot syndrome.
- Inform your doctor if you have a history of diabetes, nervous system disorders or are taking medication for blood thinning.
- Inform your doctor if you are taking any medications for gout (allopurinol), fits (phenytoin), or cancer (folinic acid, oxaliplatin, bevacizumab).
- Capecitabine may cause dizziness or nausea and so it is recommended not to drive or use heavy machinery immediately after taking it.
- Treatment with capecitabine need to be permanently discontinued in patients who experience a severe skin reaction.
- Women who are planning to become pregnant should use two methods of contraception while on this therapy and thereafter as recommended by the doctor.?
- Men who are going to use this therapy should not father a child while on this therapy and thereafter as recommended by the doctor. They should also seek guidance and counselling on sperm conservation before taking this therapy.
Caxeta Tablet related warnings
Special precautions for Caxeta Tablet
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Caxeta 500mg Tablet is unsafe to use during pregnancy. There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
Caxeta 500mg Tablet is unsafe to use during lactation. Data suggests that the drug may cause toxicity to the baby, or the mother is suffering from a condition in which breastfeeding is not advisable.
Caxeta 500mg Tablet may make you feel dizzy, sleepy, tired, or decrease alertness. If this happens, do not drive.
Caxeta 500mg Tablet should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Caxeta 500mg Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor. Use of Caxeta 500mg Tablet is not recommended in patients with severe kidney disease.
Caxeta 500mg Tablet should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Caxeta 500mg Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor. Use of Caxeta 500mg Tablet is not recommended in patients with severe kidney disease.