Composition Gefitinib 250mg
Substitutes Geftinat 10s x 3, Geftib 30s, Iressa 10s x 3
Shipping class Room Temperature
Medicine Overview of Gefticip 250mg 30 Tablets
Uses of Gefticip 250mg 30 Tablets
Gefticip 250 mg Tablet is used in the treatment of non-small cell lung cancer. It is used in patients in which it has spread to other parts of the body, who have abnormal epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) genes, and who have not had previous treatment for cancer.
Gefticip 250mg 30 Tablets side effects
Nausea, Rash, Vomiting, Weakness, Loss of appetite, Dry skin, Diarrhoea, Stomatitis (Inflammation of the mouth)
How to use Gefticip 250mg 30 Tablets
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Gefticip 250 mg Tablet may be taken with or without food, but it is better to take it at a fixed time.
How Gefticip 250mg 30 Tablets works
Gefticip 250 mg Tablet is an anti-cancer medication. It works by blocking the action of the abnormal protein that signals cancer cells to multiply. This helps to stop or slow the spread of cancer cells.
In Depth Information on Gefticip 250mg 30 Tablets
Expert advice for Geftib 250mg 30 Tablets
- Do not take antacids (to reduce the acid level of your stomach) 2 hours before or 1 hour after taking gefitinib.
- Take the tablet at about the same time each day.
- Do not give gefitinib to children.
- Do not take gefitinib, if you are allergic to gefitinib or similar medicines or to any of the other ingredients.
- Avoid using gefitinib, if you are pregnant or are breast-feeding.
- Avoid becoming pregnant during treatment with gefitinib because it could harm your baby.
- If you are taking a medicine containing warfarin as an active substance, your doctor may need to do blood tests more often.
- You may feel weak while taking this medicine, be careful while driving or using tools or machines.
Gefticip 250mg 30 Tablets related warnings
Special precautions for Gefticip 250mg 30 Tablets
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Gefticip 250 mg Tablet is unsafe to use during pregnancy. There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
Gefticip 250 mg Tablet is probably unsafe to use during lactation. Limited human data suggest that the drug could represent a significant risk to the baby.
Do not drive unless you are feeling well. Gefticip 250 mg Tablet may make you feel weak. This may affect your driving ability.
Gefticip 250 mg Tablet should be used with caution in patients with severe kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Gefticip 250 mg Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Gefticip 250 mg Tablet is probably safe to use in patients with liver disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Gefticip 250 mg Tablet may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor.
What if you miss a dose of Gefticip 250mg 30 Tablets?
If you miss a dose of Gefticip 250 mg Tablet, skip it and continue with your normal schedule. Do not double the dose.