Composition Gefitinib (250mg)
Substitutes Geftib 10s x 3, Gefticip 30s, Iressa 10s x 3
Primary Use Non-small cell lung cancer
Medicine Overview of Geftinat Tablet
Uses of Geftinat Tablet
Geftinat 250mg Tablet is used in the treatment of non-small cell lung cancer. It is used in patients in which it has spread to other parts of the body, who have abnormal epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) genes, and who have not had previous treatment for cancer.
Geftinat Tablet side effects
Nausea, Rash, Vomiting, Weakness, Loss of appetite, Dry skin, Diarrhoea, Stomatitis (Inflammation of the mouth).
How to use Geftinat Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Geftinat 250mg Tablet may be taken with or without food, but it is better to take it at a fixed time.
How Geftinat Tablet works
Geftinat 250mg Tablet is an anti-cancer medication. It works by blocking the action of the abnormal protein that signals cancer cells to multiply. This helps to stop or slow the spread of cancer cells.
In Depth Information on Geftinat Tablet
Expert advice for Geftinat Tablet
- Do not take antacids (to reduce the acid level of your stomach) 2 hours before or 1 hour after taking gefitinib.
- Take the tablet at about the same time each day.
- Do not give gefitinib to children.
- Do not take gefitinib, if you are allergic to gefitinib or similar medicines or to any of the other ingredients.
- Avoid using gefitinib, if you are pregnant or are breast-feeding.
- Avoid becoming pregnant during treatment with gefitinib because it could harm your baby.
- If you are taking a medicine containing warfarin as an active substance, your doctor may need to do blood tests more often.
- You may feel weak while taking this medicine, be careful while driving or using tools or machines.
Geftinat Tablet related warnings
Special precautions for Geftinat Tablet
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Geftinat 250mg Tablet is unsafe to use during pregnancy. There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
Geftinat 250mg Tablet is probably unsafe to use during lactation. Limited human data suggest that the drug could represent a significant risk to the baby.
Do not drive unless you are feeling well. Geftinat 250mg Tablet may make you feel weak. This may affect your driving ability.
Geftinat 250mg Tablet should be used with caution in patients with severe kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Geftinat 250mg Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Geftinat 250mg Tablet is probably safe to use in patients with liver disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Geftinat 250mg Tablet may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor.
What if you miss a dose of Geftinat Tablet?
If you miss a dose of Geftinat 250mg Tablet, skip it and continue with your normal schedule. Do not double the dose.