Composition Raltegravir (400mg)
Substitutes Zepdon 400 mg
Shipping class Room Temperature
Medicine Overview of Isentress 400 mg 60s Tablet
Uses of Isentress 400 mg 60s Tablet
It is indicated for the treatment of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV-1) infection in adult patients.
Isentress 400 mg 60s Tablet side effects
Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping), Fatigue, Headache, Nausea, Dizziness, Muscle pain, Diarrhea, Increased liver enzymes.
How to use Isentress 400 mg 60s Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Isentress 400 mg Tablet may be taken with or without food, but it is better to take it at a fixed time.
How Isentress 400 mg 60s Tablet works
Isentress 400 mg Tablet is an antiviral medication. It prevents the multiplication of HIV virus in human cells. Thus stops the HIV virus from producing new viruses.
In Depth Information on Isentress 400 mg 60s Tablet
Expert advice for Isentress 400 mg 60s Tablet
- Do consult your doctor before taking raltegravir if you have phenylketonuria (a serious hereditary disorder), a medical history of depression or any psychiatric illness, severe liver disorders or muscle disorders (myopathy or rhabdomyolysis).
- Contact your doctor immediately if you notice stiffness, pain and difficulty in movement of joints or unexplained muscle pain, weakness and tenderness or notice signs of any infection such as fever while on treatment with raltegravir.
- Avoid taking antacids containing aluminum or magnesium within 2 hours before or 2 hours after you take raltegravir.
- Do not operate machines, drive or cycle if you feel dizzy after taking raltegravir.
- Raltegravir does not prevent the spread of HIV virus to others through blood or sexual contact. Take the required precautions to prevent transmission.
- Continue taking raltegravir even if you feel well, as skipping the medicine may worsen your condition and may lead to resistance to treatment.
- You must be aware that your body fat may increase or move to different areas of your body such as your breasts and upper back while on raltegravir therapy.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding. You must receive proper treatment for HIV to avoid passing of the infection to your baby.
Isentress 400 mg 60s Tablet related warnings
Special precautions for Isentress 400 mg 60s Tablet
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Isentress 400 mg Tablet may be unsafe to use during pregnancy. Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the fetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Isentress 400 mg Tablet is probably safe to use during lactation. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby.
Isentress 400 mg Tablet may make you feel dizzy, sleepy, tired, or decrease alertness. If this happens, do not drive.
Isentress 400 mg Tablet is safe to use in patients with kidney disease. No dose adjustment of Isentress 400 mg Tablet is recommended.
Isentress 400 mg Tablet should be used with caution in patients with severe liver disease. Dose adjustment of Isentress 400 mg Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor. Limited information is available on the use of Isentress 400 mg Tablet in these patients. No dose adjustment is recommended in patients with mild to moderate liver disease.
What if you miss a dose of Isentress 400 mg 60s Tablet ?
In case you miss a dose, please take the next dose at the next dose when you remember. DO not double the dose.