Composition Sofosbuvir (400mg)
Primary Use Chronic hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection
Medicine Overview of Sovaldi Tablet
Uses of Sovaldi Tablet
Sovaldi 400mg Tablet is used in the treatment of chronic hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection.
Sovaldi Tablet side effects
Fatigue, Nausea, Headache, Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping), Anemia (low number of red blood cells).
How to use Sovaldi Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Sovaldi 400mg Tablet is to be taken with food.
How Sovaldi Tablet works
Sovaldi 400mg Tablet is an antiviral medication. It works by lowering a load of hepatitis C virus in the body and removing the virus from the blood over a period of time.
In Depth Information on Sovaldi Tablet
Expert advice for Sovaldi Tablet
- This drug should be used only in combination with Ribavirin or with Pegylated interferon and Ribavirin.
- Treatment with sofosbuvir is not recommended in patients with severe kidney or liver problems or depression.
- Do consult your doctor if you are taking amiodarone (used for serious irregular heartbeats). The risk of slow heartbeat may be increased when taken along with Sofosbuvir.
- Take extreme care to avoid pregnancy in female patients or female partners of male patients who are on treatment with sofosbuvir.
- Take necessary precautions as sofosbuvir does not prevent the spread of infection to other people through sexual contact, sharing needles, or contact with blood.
Sovaldi Tablet related warnings
Special precautions for Sovaldi Tablet
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
Sovaldi 400mg Tablet is probably safe to use during pregnancy. Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
Sovaldi 400mg Tablet is probably safe to use during lactation. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby.
Do not drive unless you are feeling well. Sovaldi 400mg Tablet, when taken together with other medicines for the treatment of hepatitis c infection, may produce dizziness, blurred vision and this may affect your ability to drive.
Sovaldi 400mg Tablet should be used with caution in patients with severe kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Sovaldi 400mg Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor. Limited information is available on use of Sovaldi 400mg Tablet in these patients. No dose adjustment is recommended in patients with mild to moderate kidney disease.
Sovaldi 400mg Tablet is safe to use in patients with liver disease. No dose adjustment of Sovaldi 400mg Tablet is recommended.
What if you miss a dose of Sovaldi Tablet?
If you miss a dose of Sovaldi 400mg Tablet, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.