Composition Cinacalcet (30mg)
Substituents PTH 30mg, Mimcipar 30mg
Shipping Class Room Temperature
Medicine Overview of SPT 30mg Tablet
Uses of SPT 30mg Tablet
SPT 30mg Tablet is used in the treatment of high calcium levels in the blood and hyperparathyroidism.
SPT 30mg Tablet side effects
Nausea, Vomiting, Weakness, Headache, Dizziness, Rash, Back pain, Muscle pain, Upper respiratory tract infection, Dyspepsia, Paresthesia (tingling or pricking sensation), Decreased appetite, Constipation, Decreased blood pressure.
How to use SPT 30mg Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. SPT 30mg Tablet is to be taken with food.
How SPT 30mg Tablet works
SPT 30mg Tablet works by lowering a chemical (parathyroid hormone), which makes calcium level go back to normal.
In Depth Information on SPT 30mg Tablet
Expert advice for SPT 30mg Tablet
- Inform your doctor before taking cinacalcet if you have heart or liver problems, seizures (fits), history of life threatening hypocalcemia (low blood calcium levels) or if you have started or stopped smoking.
- Consult your doctor before taking the medicine if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Inform your doctor before taking the medicine if you are taking medicines used to treat skin or bacterial infections, fungal infections, HIV infection, heart problems, depression or high blood pressure.
- Take this medicine with food or meals as may lead to better absorption of the drug.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery after taking this drug as it may lead to dizziness.
SPT 30mg Tablet related warnings
Special precautions for SPT 30mg Tablet
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
SPT 30mg Tablet may be unsafe to use during pregnancy. Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SPT 30mg Tablet is probably unsafe to use during lactation. Limited human data suggest that the drug could represent a significant risk to the baby.
Do not drive unless you are feeling well. Dizziness and seizures have been reported by patients taking SPT 30mg Tablet. This may affect your driving ability.
SPT 30mg Tablet is safe to use in patients with kidney disease. No dose adjustment of SPT 30mg Tablet is recommended.
SPT 30mg Tablet should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of SPT 30mg Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
What if you miss a dose of SPT 30mg Tablet?
If you miss a dose of SPT 30mg Tablet, skip it and continue with your normal schedule. Do not double the dose.