Composition Temozolomide (20mg)
Primary Use Brain tumor
cautionPotentially unsafe with Lactation
Medicine Overview of Temoside Capsule
Uses of Temoside Capsule
Temoside 20mg Capsule is used in the treatment of brain tumor.
Temoside Capsule side effects
Nausea, Headache, Vomiting, Weakness, Loss of appetite, Fatigue, Hair loss, Viral infection, Convulsion, Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping), Fever, Decreased white blood cell count, Low blood platelets, Coordination disorder, Diarrhoea, Dizziness, Constipation, Rash, Decreased white blood cell count (neutrophils), Decreased white blood cell count (lymphocytes), Hemiparesis (weakness on one side of the body), Memory loss.
How to use Temoside Capsule
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Temoside 20mg Capsule is to be taken empty stomach.
How Temoside Capsule works
Temoside 20mg Capsule is an anti-cancer medication. It works by damaging the genetic material (DNA) of the cancer cells and stops their growth and multiplication.
In Depth Information on Temoside Capsule
Expert advice for Temoside Capsule
- Swallow full tablets on an empty stomach, one hour before your meal.
- Avoid being near people who are sick or have infections. Consult your doctor if you develop symptoms of opportunistic infections (such as Pneumocystis jirovecii pneumonia) and reactivation of infections (such as hepatitis B virus) Using temozolomide may increase your risk of developing certain types of bone marrow cancer. Be aware about your specific risk.
- You may be given medication to prevent nausea or other side effects while you are receiving temozolomide.
- Your blood will be tested frequently during treatment to monitor the side effects of temozolomide on your blood cells as you may have a small risk of other changes in blood cells, including leukemia.
- Avoid activities that may increase your risk of bleeding or injury. Use extra care to prevent bleeding while shaving or brushing your teeth.
- Do not drink alcohol while taking temozolomide.
- Do not drive or operate machinery while using temozolomide as it may make you tired or sleepy.
- Both male and female patients should take effective contraceptive precautions during and after 6 months of treatment. Male patients should seek advice on conservation of sperm prior to treatment as temozolomide treatment may cause infertility.
Temoside Capsule related warnings
Special precautions for Temoside Capsule
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Temoside 20mg Capsule is unsafe to use during pregnancy. There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
Temoside 20mg Capsule is unsafe to use during lactation. Data suggests that the drug may cause toxicity to the baby, or the mother is suffering from a condition in which breastfeeding is not advisable.
Temoside 20mg Capsule may make you feel dizzy, sleepy, tired, or decrease alertness. If this happens, do not drive.
Temoside 20mg Capsule is probably safe to use in patients with kidney disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Temoside 20mg Capsule may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor. Cautious use is advised in patients with severe kidney disease while they are taking Temoside 20mg Capsule.
Temoside 20mg Capsule should be used with caution in patients with the severe liver disease. Dose adjustment of Temoside 20mg Capsule may be needed. Please consult your doctor. Limited information is available on the use of Temoside 20mg Capsule in these patients. No dose adjustment is recommended in patients with mild to moderate liver disease.
What if you miss a dose of Temoside Capsule?
If you miss a dose of Temoside 20mg Capsule, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.