Composition Denosumab (120mg)
Substitutes Xgeva 120mg 1s (AU),Xgeva 120mg 1s (IT), Xgeva 120mg 1s (TR)
Primary Use Osteoporosis
cautionPotentially unsafe with Pregnancy
Medicine Overview of Xgeva Injection
Uses of Xgeva Injection
Xgeva 120mg Injection is used in the treatment of osteoporosis. It is also used to treat bone loss in men with prostate cancer and in women with breast cancer who are receiving certain treatments that increase their risk for fractures.
Xgeva Injection side effects
Pain in extremity, Musculoskeletal (bone, muscle or joint) pain.
How to use Xgeva Injection
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
How Xgeva Injection works
Xgeva 120mg Injection is a monoclonal antibody. It binds to a protein that causes bone loss, thereby strengthening the bone and minimizing the risk of fractures.
In Depth Information on Xgeva Injection
Expert advice for Xgeva Injection
- Xgeva is a medication used to treat thinning of the bones (called osteoporosis).
- Take calcium and vitamin D to help build your bones when taking Xgeva.
- Do not take if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant.
- May cause a rare problem of the jaw (osteonecrosis), mostly seen after a dental procedure. Tell your doctor if you develop sudden jaw pain.
- Xgeva may also increase the risk of infection. Avoid being close to people with cold, flu or other contagious illnesses.
- Tell your doctor if you develop a rash while taking Xgeva.
Xgeva Injection related warnings
Special precautions for Xgeva Injection
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Xgeva 120mg Injection is highly unsafe to use during pregnancy. Human and animal studies have shown significant adverse effects on the foetus. Please consult your doctor.
Xgeva 120mg Injection is probably safe to use during lactation. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby.
Xgeva 120mg Injection does not usually affect your ability to drive.
Xgeva 120mg Injection is safe to use in patients with kidney disease. No dose adjustment of Xgeva 120mg Injection is recommended.
Xgeva 120mg Injection is probably safe to use in patients with liver disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Xgeva 120mg Injection may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor.
What if you miss a dose of Xgeva Injection?
If you miss a dose of Xgeva 120mg Injection, please consult your doctor.